Improve backup strategy
At the moment, services.techcultivation.org is a single KVM guest on our own hardware in a datacenter in Berlin. The host currently takes a snapshot of the RAIDZ
- every 30 minutes for 5 days
- every day for 1 month
- every month for 1 year
- We want some offsite backups of relevant data.
- We could right away deploy to another machine in a different datacenter and have redundancy
- ZFS level for the full host
- sangha level (docker/postgres)
- Do we want that (before we go live), and do we want that on own hardware vs. (for example) a rental machine at Hetzner?
(We applied for the Thomas Krenn Open Source Award so we might get some server hardware in March. We could also ask around for hardware donations from other sources.)